- It’s not embarrassing to go to a restaurant and eat alone…It can actually be pretty meditative.
- Going on a vacation alone, doesn’t mean you don’t have any friends. When you finally have the courage to go on a vacation alone, it can be very empowering and life changing.
- Sometimes, people will not like you for absolutely no reason, and that is ok. You probably don’t want their energy around you anyway.
- No one is perfect and nothing is as it seems. If you can understand this, you can find peace in many ways.
- Friends you love and thought would be with you forever, may temporarily or permanently go in different directions and that is ok. Everyone has their path and life lessons. Hopefully you will meet again but don’t fight or mourn it too much.
- Sometimes, no matter how much you do or try, it will never be enough. At the end of the day, that is their issue, not yours. Just do your best. If you can understand this, you can find peace.
- It is ok to not be friends with someone you know is not healthy for your growth. We need to be protective of our hearts, minds, bodies and souls. A wise man once told me, you really do need to put yourself first because if you are not healthy, you are no good to anyone else.
- Discipline…discipline is the key to freedom. If I am disciplined, I can accomplish pretty much anything.
- You will meet some people who will immediately touch your heart and this is a wonderful thing. To me, these people are my soul mates. Just thinking about them, warms my heart.
- Watch your bad habits, whether it’s shopping, gambling, drinking…they are an outlet for a personal issue. So, the quicker you figure out your issues, the quicker you can kick your habit and spend your time and money doing more positive and wiser things.
- Try to help people grow, but understand that everyone grows at their own pace. Don’t take it personal.
- Do what makes you happy and don’t worry about what others think. If you love painting, paint. If you love knitting, knit. Find time for these things, they become your little escape.
- Sometimes you have to give things up that you love or enjoy doing. If it’s going to help you grow or succeed, then it is worth the sacrifice. Later on, this will become more apparent. Stick it out!
- “You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.” ~ Christopher Gardner (Will Smith) in “The Pursuit of Happyness” (2006)
- Love…my biggest lesson. Maybe the typical love we imagine when we are kids…isn’t the norm anymore. I’ve learned that there are many ways to love and many ways for love to enrich you. Let the love shine through.
Feel free to add your own!!!
Find this postcard on my etsy link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/90341148/let-the-love-shine-through-vanilla?ref=pr_shop