To be at peace in the center of the storm will be one of your biggest challenges as a learning Baby Buddha. But how wonderful will it be to be your own beautiful light source and how even more wonderful if you could shine bright enough to help illuminate the way for others, and all of those struggling baby Buddhas around you.
A few tips inspired by my trusty source Ajahn Brahm to help get you to peace. 🙂
2. Lose the guilt. I personally found so much relief when I read that holding guilt within you is what holds you back because you keep reliving the situation which really serves no purpose but cause you more suffering. Let it go, and focus on being better and making better decisions.
3. Don’t go through life with a mental scorecard. Through our lives, we are influenced and conditioned by our surroundings and sometimes we do things out of character, or to blend in or out of fear and insecurity. This is not who you are, so, don’t mix your performance with your identity. I love this!!! My mistakes are not me!
4. Be realistic with yourself. Most people will not succeed without hard work and those who seem to be succeeding at every thing, well, let’s just say, nothing is as it seems. Remember, life is about perspective. No one’s life is perfect, but those who succeed at finding peace, find the balance in life and take the good with the not so good. We all have blessings, but don’t expect to hit a home run if you have never played ball. It is when you ask from life what you know in your heart it cannot give you, that you will suffer. Search inside, I am sure you will find a beautiful blessing and put it to some good use!
5. You will eventually be the biggest conflict in your own life that keeps you from succeeding. Take a deep honest and humble look at yourself and fix what you can, be patient with what you can’t change and learn compassion for yourself. Let all the heavy burdens go and live.
6. And lastly, oldie but goodie…Beauty is not in the object, it is in the beholder. When you start to see the beauty in someone else, in life in general, this is when you will see the beauty within yourself. Practice acceptance and compassion for all life around you and you will develop a kindness and warmth for yourself.
So, get to work all you Baby Buddhas 🙂
Images above were taken on Jekyll Island with a warm photo filter.