There are so many, but let’s start with these. Quotes or reads from my 2015 studies that have influenced me and shown me a light along my path. 🙂 Happy New Year 2016!!
The blog title is my number 1 quote because although very simple, it’s also very deep.
- If you don’t put meaning into your life, the result is, your life will have no meaning. The only way your life will have satisfying moments is if you seek to do things and spend time with those that feed your soul.
- You are the owner of your own karma. There is no surprise here, but also remember that the biggest importance with karma is intention. What was your true intention behind an act. Catching the flu isn’t the result of your karma coming back to get you. It’s simply the result of coming into contact with the flu virus.
- People often meditate hoping that some light will go off and give them the answers they are seeking. You meditate not to get things but to let things go. Meditation is a way to let go of the baggage that we often carry around. It’s a way for us to have 10 minutes of non activity. It gives our brain a rest so that we can refresh and begin again with a free and less heavier mind.
- Often, our first response is to put someone down for doing something we don’t approve or feel is not helpful to the person. To really help someone or make progress in a situation, you must understand someone or something, from the mind of the person and empathize with them.
- Most of our lives, we feel shame and hide from our imperfections, feeling terrified that someone will call us on it and this discovery will be the worst possible thing. The truth is, there is a big freedom that comes from understanding our flaws. Once you understand, you can either embrace or improve them and that fear begins to disappear.
Model is our local Yogi and Dance Teacher, AshleyAnne Brown.
Article was inspired by the teachings of Ajahn Brahm.